Have you heard of upcycling? Upcycling is the practice of making new things with recyclable products and old items you don”t have use for anymore. As fashions fade and new trends takeover, think twice before throwing out old clothes and jewelry. Can you make something new instead? Turn your trash into treasures using the upcylcing tutorials below.
Not only is upcycling good for your accessory wardrobe, but it”s good for the environment, too!
1. Instead of throwing away a burnt-out lightbulb, turn it into a quirky necklace.
2. Have an old leather belt or purse hanging around? Create this miniature book charm for a bracelet.
3. Recycle an old watch by covering the clock with vintage photographs.
4. Colored plastic soda bottles can be fashioned into beads with a little heat.
5. Aluminum cans become heart shaped earrings with a few quick snips and a coat of red paint.
6. A pair of earring you no longer wear can be used to embellish hair pins.
7. It”s hard to believe this beautiful ombre necklace is made of pistachio shells!
8. Old thread spools and fabric scraps make cute necklace charms.
9. Does this pattern look familiar? This necklace is made out of refashioned Arizona green tea cans.
10. Create brooches, earrings, and more by covering buttons with your favorite candy wrappers.
These projects definitely made me think of what I can refashion from my closet. Do you think you”ll try out some of these eco-friendly crafts? Which one is your favorite? Share it with your creative friends.